Talking Funny for Money: An Introduction to the Cartoon, Character, Looping Area of Voice-Overs, by Pamela Lewis
Talking Funny for Money is a two-CD voice-over workshop (with demonstrations by professional voice-over performers), accompanied by an exercise manual and companion text.
Pamela Lewis, an accomplished voice-over artist and coach, has developed a CD workshop for people who are curious about breaking into the exciting world of "talking funny for money."
The 2CD workshop will teach you:
- how to assemble a competitive cartoon/character voice-over demo;
- shortcuts to mastering the most requested dialects, age groups and celebrity impersonations;
- film looping/dubbing technique and terminology;
- and the varied employment opportunities in the cartoon/character/looping world.
You will better understand:
- Why voice over opportunities are exploding for creative actors.
- How to assemble a competitive cartoon/character voice over demo.
- What’s what about film looping/dubbing technique and terminology.
This workshop is an excellent introduction to a creative and lucrative area of voice-overs and as Ms. Lewis puts it, "What could be better than making funny noises for a living?"
If you're a person who's been gifted with vocal variety, a hard working actor who wants to expand your casting potential, or just someone who's been told, "You have an interesting sound," you may wish to consider a career in the cartoon/character/looping area of voice-overs.